"Grand as it is, planet Earth is part of something even grander- that great plan of God. Simply summarized, the Earth was created that families might be." Elder Russell M. Nelson
Sunday December 11, 2016
Monday, December 5, 2016

Skyping with kids, doing a little bit of Christmas decorating, preparing for our Home Evening Lesson with the Fords, presenting the lesson and playing Mormon Jeopardy.  All in all a full and productive day.


Pinterest idea above which I enjoyed putting together.  I love Christmas decorating



Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Seminary lesson on personal revelation, Joseph Smith's prayer for scribe help, answered in the visit of Oliver Cowdery and how we can each recognize it in our own lives.  It was enjoyable hearing the sister's discussion.

The Urayanis were able to get their son back from the Phillipines and he turned four today so we took a gift by.  They insisted with eat with them and they served home made spaghetti, Kentucky Fried Chicken and jello.  They are so sweet and have had such a challenging life.  We hope things are now on a successful path and that they can start coming to church on a more regular basis.


Wednesday, December 7, 2016

We have now been on our mission for a year.  Aizick Urayani, now four, speaks very little English and has not attended church while in the Phillippines.  I decided to make some church cards with pictures for him, some of the members, the Primary kids, etc. and laminate them for him so that when he comes to Primary things won't seem so strange.

We had lots and lots of rain last night and rain clouds followed us in our travels.  Tonight we had branch correlation and discussed less actives, the need for convert baptisms and our branch Christmas party this Saturday.  Elder Berger and I were given the assignment for music and gifts for the kids and of course, a main dish.




Dangar Falls Today


Dangar Falls after a rainstorm


From the top of the Falls today.


From the top after the rain.



The flies are terrible this time of year.  Only three are piggybacking on my shirt but when I walked this morning the woman in front of me had at least 20 flies piggy backing.


Dangar Falls today.



Dangar Falls after a rainstorm






The campgrounds have these signs.  As I look at it, I think that is a message we can use in our spiritual considerations.  We don't want to take our rubbish to our eternal home when we die, we want to be rubbish free.

Thursday, December 8, 2016

Well, I am out of the hair color I brought from home.  Today, the lady who does my hair made a slight error in the process and I ended up with orange hair, not something I think old lady missionaries should wear.  It was a bit nerve wracking but she was able to fix it.


Inspire may be a nice name for the place where I have my hair done but today gave me a few minutes pause.



Saturday, December 10, 2016

I made chicken enchiladas and banana crumble bread for the branch Christmas party tonight.  We took the gift bags we made for the kids and arrived at 5:00.  There was tons of food and a large turnout including three families who haven't been for ages and it was so wonderful to have them join us.  There is so much need to just be loved and accepted.  We ate, talked and sang Christmas carols.  I think everyone was glad them came, I hope so.

Brother Smith and his daughter Kristin and son Josh decorated the chapel for the party.  It was lovely and took me back to my Junior Prom.






Sheila's new best friend, Alex Cunningham.







 Jacob, Zarina, Savannah and Isaiah Lawrence




No comments:

Post a Comment